SUBSCRIBE NOW Light a fire Fire it up Work it up Hey kids! How are you? All good?
– All good You didn’t even greet me, Raees Got down straight to work, eh?
– Greetings! Greetings! Who gathered the most today?
– We brought you the entire market First-class! Hey, add some more chemical hereGujaratA State in Independent India
where every day is a ‘dry day’Dry day means no trading of liquorThe penalty for selling liquor
is ten years imprisonmentHowever, prohibition begets rebellionEven today Gujarat is considered
a liquor-free StateYet, illegal liquor worth 250 billion
is sold here every yearThis would’ve been impossible
if it weren’t for RaeesTake a bath, Raees From Umbergaon to Kutch, the longest coastline of India
stretching 1600 kilometres is part of our Gujarat Raees, you read Read! Gujarat… In the north of Gujarat…
– Come here I don’t want to,
but you boys compel me to beat you Hush Read now D P R.
– Very good Step down, son Nothing to worry, Aminaben Raees’ eyesight is weak.
He just needs glasses I hope it’s not urgent…? Ammi, I won’t go to school
without glasses Relax.
– Why? Is it a new idea to bunk school? For his weak eyesight,
the kid is quite sharp I can’t see what’s written on the board.
Miss Ratna beats me What are you saying?
She hits my tiger? How much will it cost? Don’t worry about the money, Aminaben You can pay me later No, doctor. I don’t want him
to have a borrowed vision, but a clear one We’ll get it done in a few days If I sense trouble,
I’ll holler ‘Bhaijaan’ That’s your cue Make it fast Bhaijaan! Bhaijaan! Bhaijaan!
– Hey! Who’s there? Are you stealing the spectacles? Bhaijaan! Are you stealing the glasses? Stop, you thief!
– Hail Gandhiji! Stop! Idiot.
Where did you get this frame from? From Gandhiji.
– Gandhiji? It won’t work Nope Why don’t you come tomorrow? I’ll make real glasses for you.
Go on I have no money No money? 2 rupees fees is a must Rule is rule, no? Take it and make the payment.
Problem solved Give me five! Go on…
hey, idiot Come back here Give Gandhiji back his frame He needs it more Go on It’s awesome, Sadiq.
Just like binoculars! Look! Gandhiji is smiling Qasim is cleaning the car Chakor is inflating the tyres Look! The cops are
going to raid Ilyas’ liquor den Our business is in danger, Sadiq.
Let’s hurry Jamil, clean it up.
Clear everything Boxes, bottles… hide everything! Leave nothing outside!
Hurry up! Quick! No one escapes!
– Greetings! Spread out!
– Not again! Find out where he’s hidden the liquor!
– Are you looking for some treasure? Check the sacks!
– There’s nothing, sir Open it!
– What are you looking for? Hurry up! Search well.
Anything there? You!
Come here You like to whistle, eh? Shall I make you whistle?
What say? Hey! Why did you slap him?
– Ask him Ask him why I slapped him What’s inside? What is it? Goods. It’s my business.
– Goods? Or, is it fodder for riots? It is a ruse
for your shady business, isn’t it? Being a cop is your job,
selling scrap is my business Get this loud and clear For us, no business is small And no faith
is greater than business 140 people died in Fatehpura last night
after drinking spurious liquor Police arrested Ilyas, a bootlegger Is it true that no business is small? And no faith greater than business? It’s true As long as it doesn’t harm anyone Get that? Sleep Speak up, buddy.
What’s the plan? How do we earn now?
– We’ll sell liquor Fool. Ilyas is in jail.
Do you also plan to go? The cops arrest those who sell hooch,
not imported liquor So? We’ll work for Jairaj Seth He sells imported liquor It’s difficult, Amit But I’ll give it one last try for you Bye.
Chandu! What’s the problem? Seth, roadblocks are set up everywhere.
Delivery is impossible today Amit called thrice…
– What if I deliver? Who’s he?
– Both of them used to work for Ilyas Six bottles Can you deliver? I’ll take 3 bucks per bottle.
– Hey, Four-eyes Are you trying to extort?
– Hey! Don’t you call me Four-eyes!
– For those thick glasses, what else do I call you, Four-eyes?
– I told you not to call me Four-eyes! Freaking Four-eyes! Deal 3 rupees per bottle Hey, give me the bottles Never call me Four-eyes! Get that? Where to?
– I live here Show me your licence.
– It’s at home Check his licence Want to check, sir?
– Beat it! Employ the boy from tomorrow He’s as shrewd as a merchant
and as fearless as a warrior Greetings, Seth Sadiq, the cops are causing trouble
at Narol Chowkdi Tell Raees to get the consignment cleared.
– I’ll see to it Down! Up! Down! Up!
What’s so funny? Here’s your cut Release the stuff That settles it.
Move it Let it go!
– Well, it isn’t settled yet What’s up, bro? Come over here Your pockets were empty,
I filled them. – Right You gave me a flat,
now fix it That’ll settle it How can I fix it?
– Inflate it How can I? Blow into it. C’mon! Do it! Be ethical in business.
It saves time and honour Blow it We unload his stuff,
we manage his warehouses and he takes all the profit!
Get some onions How long are we
to work our tails off for Jairaj? Let’s set up our own business We are not cut out for business Enjoy the bird in hand We are Gujaratis.
Business runs in our blood In this business, we need backing,
not blood Not backing Guts You forgot Jairaj’s words As fearless as a warrior,
as shrewd as a merchant I’ve got it all I’ll win this one too, Ujjwalbhai Take a look now, Ramnikbhai.
– I’ll go one more round blind I’ll check mine.
– Greetings, Seth Greetings You bring me good luck, my Ace You’re funny, Seth Not aces We’re mere servants My tiger’s not in the mood What’s wrong? Seth, I’ve been working for
years under you I want to set up my own business now Business, why? I’ll hike your salary Enjoy Sadiq, reason with him I tried, Seth He’s made up his mind.
He won’t give up Really? Come on My boy has grown up.
– No, Seth He’ll set up his own business.
– It’s not like that So you must’ve decided about
vendors and distribution You are here.
How can I even think of other vendors? You know, in our business, you have to spend money
like a drunken sailor I hope you are cash rich?
– What are you saying, Ramnikbhai? Obviously, he has the money Sadiq? He has the money, right? How much stuff do you need? Worth 400,000 rupees? 300,000? 200,000? Raees, how much do I give you? Seth… just… worth 100,000 Never mind Pay the money, take the stuff Seth, I don’t have the money now I need some time Not even 100,000? He doesn’t have the money.
He needs time You have worked for me
all these years… I’ll give it to you Three days Give me cash in three days
and take the stuff Fine? 72 hours Else, you get zilch! Keep it The clock will keep ticking Your turn Why did you shoot your mouth off? If we don’t pay up in three days,
Jairaj will destroy us, you know that Greetings, Raees.
– Greetings, Qasimbhai The car’s a cracker! It costs 100,000. Want to buy? Forget it.
This motorbike is fine with me Try it once. It rides like a plane! Next time. Bye.
Move it! God keep you Hey!
– Careful! You’d have killed it! Who will compensate for it?
– Lallan, you idiot! He’s not even hurt!
– What if he was hurt? Would you pay me 500?
– 500 rupees? I’ll buy his entire family for 500! It’s the time of Eid.
I bought it for 300 It won’t sell below 500 to 1000 here.
You know that? Move it, Lallan Don’t mess my brains! Is he going to build a castle out of it? Hey… where do you think you are going? Where to? Tell me… Raees, you’re back so soon? My mind just worked up a miracle Let’s see what your car’s got Sadiq, hop in Give me the keys, Qasim Take care.
Drive only till the square and back It’s a car, not a date Relax. I’m leaving my motorbike behind.
Hop in Careful Raees Hey, speak up. What’s the plan? You bartered your motorbike for the car,
and now the car for the goats Are you setting up a slaughterhouse? As Lallan said, it’s Eid People even pay 1000 for a goat.
– 1000? Who will pay 1000 here in Fatehpura? Not in Fatehpura but in Mumbai We’re going to Mumbai?! We have to pay 100,000 to Jairaj
in three days. Do you have a better plan? Do you have one? Ask him Excuse me.
Where can we set up shop? Over there.
– Up ahead Herd them ahead.
– Move Over there Greetings.
– Greetings Can we set up shop in the corner? Whose goats are they?
– Mine Do you have the permission? Permission…? No Where have you come from? From Gujarat Pick up your goats and get lost.
Beat it We’ll set up by the corner Hey! Don’t you get it? Brother, it’s Eid We’ll also make some money.
You’ll have our blessings If we slaughter you along with the goats,
we’ll be blessed Raees, it’s not our territory. Come on.
– Hey, Four-eyes! Can’t you hear? Get out of here! Darn!
– Four-eyes needs a hearing-aid now! Hey, Four-eyes! Never call me Four-eyes! Of all the people,
you had to mess with Musabhai If you sensed trouble,
why didn’t you holler ‘Bhaijaan’? It’d have alerted me.
– You hardly gave me time You just whacked him Was I at fault? All right, my mistake.
You passed out in one blow! Let’s go. Musa is waiting Man is always accompanied
by an angel and the devil Anger is evil
because it’s the devil’s forte Your boys started it We were here to do business Your goats made for great biryani What have you to sell now? A goat is a lion’s prey,
not business Well, no business is small And no faith
is greater than any business My mother taught me My loss is great,
and I have little time to compensate I have a right to their blessings If you agree, we’ll take it and leave Come here Your glasses It’ll help you see the road ahead Musabhai… can we get a plate of biryani to share? We’re hungry For all the festivities around,
we’ll be observing a fast! Forget Jairaj.
How will you repay mechanic Qasim? What is it?
Do we look like clowns? They made a circus out of us! And here you are eating away! The biryani is worth 100,000.
You should have some I could eat a horse! Well, you hardly took a beating.
You deserve a lesser share Stop kidding.
They crushed my stomach Ace, we have 3475 in all What do I do with it?
Shall I give it to Jairaj? Or, repay Qasim? Ice your wounds Creditors come knocking
even before we set up shop! Darn, you followed us here? Hajibhai sent me from Mumbai,
to talk business Let him in.
Come on Tell me Reason for the favour? Take Musa out I hold nothing against Musa And we don’t kill. Right? Listen up If I wanted to take orders, I wouldn’t
have set out to start a business Take the money and scoot.
Move it Musa sent it for you He told us to kill Musa,
and now he says he’s Musa’s man Who are you? The name’s Nawab I’m Musa’s Man Friday You could’ve given it to me
in the train Sure But Musa likes to test the waters Raees, don’t take the money! In trying to smite Jairaj, don’t walk
into a deathtrap. – It’s not a loan It’s for your goats.
– Raees! Musa liked your philosophy
about business and faith Raees! No one can harm those
who Musa favours What if we had agreed
to bump off Musa? My left hand never misses its mark Goodbye Raees! What’s up?
– Jairaj Seth wants you. Your time is up Get back to work Tell Jairaj,
I have stopped dancing to his tunes My time starts now! Ammi, I’m going to start my own business God willing, I’ll make a lot of money But I will never let anyone
come to harm Pray for me Understand the business, Sadiq.
We’ll buy stuff from Jairaj’s vendors and sell on the streets of Fatehpura.
– That’s great Cut the middlemen like Jairaj out!Here now, there now!
Life is a journeyThe city of my dreams traverses,
bundled in a bottleIf you have the wisdom,
patience to boot,and a lot of guts,you have nothing to worryThis world is fakeYou have to turn crookedto fix itFollow your passionspush your will far enough,and luck will shine on youIt’s the spirit of businessIt’s the spirit of businessIt’s the spirit of businessIt’s the spirit of businessLet me not take a step backHelp me return the favoursRepay, I mustLet me not take a step backHelp me return the favoursHelp me in my endeavour, LordHelp, Lord!
May I never break someone’s heartNeverI don’t carehow the world goes byI just listen to the call of my heartEveryone is answerablein life or in deathIn the spirit of business!In the spirit of business!In the spirit of business!In the spirit of business!Hi, Hasmukhbhai!
– How are you? I’m fine.
It’s an awesome party! Hang on Hey, gymnast! Excuse me Who invited you here? Excuse me…
– Beat the drum! Whose guest are you? Mr Serpent? Whose guest are you? Excuse me.
Whose guest are you? Now, please don’t point that finger! I am Hasmukhbhai’s guest.
Whose guest are you? I am Hasmukhbhai.
– You are Hasmukhbhai? Yes You are Hasmukhbhai?
– That’s me Your smile proves it Is this your party?
– Of course So you’re serving people hooch.
– Hey, duffer! This is not hooch. It’s scotch It’s scotch Party’s over Attention We’ll have to end this party here But we’ll surely continue the party
at Gandhinagar police station For your convenience,
we’ve organised transport. Fall in line A blue police van is waiting outside.
Remember, friends, don’t push around.
And ladies go first Have a safe journey to jail.
Thank you The last Mughal!
You will rot in jail! Sir, the opposition
will certainly raise this issue Fix a meeting with Pasha.
I’ll talk to him Sir What took you so long? Sorry, sir.
Bobby was having breakfast Let him go I can’t. She’s quite flirty Who are you talking about? Bobby, my doggy Not Bobby! I’m talking
about Hasmukhbhai and his party Sir, give me a paper Please, sir What’s this?
– Paper and pen I can see that Give me in writing what you just said.
I’ll release him right away What? In writing? It’s an order, Majmudar.
Release them Sir, my name
is Jaideep Ambalal Majmudar Ambalal is my late father Even if his spirit asks me to release
Hasmukhbhai and his party, I’ll take it in writing.
And you are merely…! Give it in writing, I’ll release them You’ll surely get it in writing.
Your transfer orders! Get out Transfer him to Fatehpura.
He’ll come to his senses Come on, bowl.
– Bowl him out, Sadiq! Come on.
– You are out! Shot! Six! Go, get the ball, Sadiq Should I go? Sure?
– Forget it I hit it, I’ll get it Of course, you will go!
– Freaking actor What’s so funny? Shut up! No big deal. It’s only a ball Her father will open the door I bet. Aasiya will open it God help him He hit bull’s-eye Ball?
– Yes Not again I warned Sadiq not to hit here
but he is incorrigible He always hits sixers
and sends me to fetch the ball I didn’t. It was him Raees The stairs.
– Where? Ah, right where they areI love youI see no one but you aroundI have so much to sayLet me pour out my feelings nowI love youI love youI love youI love youBeautiful! Really? Not you Actress Sridevi Why do you always beat about the bush? I can’t help it.
When you smile, it strikes me dumb! And I just feel like watching you! Then take me to Our World God willing! When I make Our World, you will be the first one to see it And yes, you will have a say out there But my love will rule Amazing My love, right?
– Nope Our World Will you be with me? Always! Devji Sir? Sir Will you do me a favour?
– Tell me, sir Will you get some soda,
ice and accompaniments? Sure, sir.
– Please Listen.
– Yes, sir? Forget it. It’ll be difficult for you
to organise it I got it. I will organise it, sir What do you want? Beer? Vodka? Rum? Whiskey?
– Whose? Jairaj’s? Ramnik’s? Ujjwal’s? Or… what’s the name
of the guy with glasses? Raees?
– Right. Raees Write.
– Sir What do I write, sir?
– Resignation letter Write the locations of the liquor depots
or your resignation Write Sorry, sir My mistake.
– Well, Devji, one bottle won’t make a difference Get me an entire truckload.
– Okay, sir Whose truck is it?
– Jairaj Seth’s consignment Kodnani has got his cut Sir, this truck is loaded with liquor Park the truck You’ve got your truckload, sir.
Now? Call the media. Let’s party Sir! Cards, darn it! I’ve been nurturing the cops
from the lower ranks to the higher ups for donkey’s years Still, my stuff gets bulldozed Find out who did this! Majmudar ruined Jairaj A sword seeks nothing but a head Majmudar has tasted blood It was Jairaj’s stuff,
soon it will be ours Don’t take him lightly.
A huge consignment is due Raees Inspector Majmudar wants to see Raees You look different in the picture, sir Well, they say I’m quite photogenic You know whose consignment it was? Jairaj’s You worked for him, didn’t you? I used to. I quit What do you do now? Business What you call business
is actually crime Come on, sir.
– Come on, sir! Make two halves Go on.
– We have information, sir Raees’ truck is arriving from Kalol.
– I see The truck number is GAF 1722 Okay Oh Tea from a cop station.
Get used to it You’d better shut shop Or, I’ll make it difficult for you
to even breathe The air of Gujarat
is replete with business You can stop me from breathing Can you stop the air? At this rate, you will soon run into trouble Get that? Leave Thanks for the half teacup, sir Our truck won’t arrive tomorrow But our consignment will surely reach Consignment will arrive
without the truck. In what? In this.
– In a cup? Assume that the teapot is the truck
and the cups are vehicles Once our truck is on the highway, Rasool will reach with four vehicles We’ll transfer the stuff to our vehicles Then the vehicles will spread out
and enter the city via different routes And Majmudar will be left waiting eagerly
for the truck It’s hot!
– While we receive the delivery! Stop! Stop! Check the truck.
– Get in Check inside.
– Open it! Quick! Devji.
– Sir? Tea time “Your beauty, mesmerising” “The entire neighbourhood
is crazy for you” Get lost, wastrels! One slap will put you in your place! Oh, my! At least she’ll touch my cheek! Father’s down with cough again Greetings, doctor.
– Greetings Something’s wrong with my eyes It’s you!
You forgot the rule? It hurts badly.
Please examine me too Capital N and capital O That means…?
– NO If you understand that,
why do you barge in every time? Don’t jump the queue.
Go, get out Move.
– All right, I’ll wait Go on, collect the medicines Okay And send the duffer in Yes, dear Here you are You are next Really? At the doctor’s, I mean Duffer Number Give him these pills after meals Thank you Hello, sir.
– Who are they, Devji? Petty criminals, sir.
They are out on parole They can be our informers Where did you pick up the groom from?
– Sir, I was picked up from the wedding altar
before I could… Before I could even say ‘I do.’
– Sir, he is from Raees’ area Send them away You come with me Get going.
– Sir, I’ve done nothing I swear, I didn’t do anything Do you know Raees?
– I don’t know anyone, sir How does he do his business?
– Sir, I really don’t know anyone All I know is that
I’m getting married today Sir, the qadi is waiting.
If I don’t get back on time, he’ll leave to perform other marriages.
– What will you do outside… when you know nothing? Devji! Revoke his parole!
– Please don’t send me to jail again! Or, I’ll be a bachelor all my life! Sir, at least let me get married Do you want to complete the rituals?
– Yes, sir In that case, find out
where Raees hides his stuff Do you agree?
– I do Agree?
– I do, sir You are married!
Off you go now Run before the qadi takes off Thank you, sir We have to band together to save
the business from Majmudar, Raees I agree I’ll be the chairman of your syndicate Don’t fly too high Or, you’ll get cut If I was scared of getting cut, I wouldn’t fly kites I’d hold spools Gotcha! He got him! Raees, have you forgotten Jairaj’s favours? I remember the favours.
Right, Sadiq? He had given us three days I give you three weeks.
Think over it I’ll be the chairman
of the syndicate, nevertheless Hang on Catch The clock will be ticking Pull! You cut the wrong kite You goofed up! Darn!It soars higher and higherThe heart soars higher and higher
like a kiteIt soars higher and higherThe heart soars higher and higher
like a kiteIt’s just a game, so to speakYet, my heart takes flight like a kite,
whilst those eyes are as sharp as a stringTied to the kite is a string’s destinyIt soars higher and higherThe heart soars higher and higher
like a kiteAs the two hearts soar,they unite high up in the skiesI had no ideathat the melody of your love
would stir my heartstringsNeither did I knowthat you would traipse into my heart
and stay for everCome rain or shine,not a moment shall we stay apartTied to the kite is a string’s destinyIt soars higher and higherThe heart soars higher and higher
like a kiteThis kite shall for ever be with youIt’ll always be drawn to youAs the two hearts soar,they unite high up in the skiesAs the two hearts soar,they unite high up in the skiesHigher and higher, they soarI do I do Hello?
It’s me, sir. The groom Remember me? Yes. Tell me I have information about Raees Go on A huge consignment of Raees
is arriving tomorrow, sir If you bust it,
he’ll be completely ruined Good All entry points to Gujarat are secured.
He can’t breach it this time No one leaves his post
until his truck is found The swine will have to come out
to do business This time he’s a goner.
Check those trucks Sadiqbhai, Majmudar has the whole
of Gujarat under surveillance It’s impossible to pass through Let alone a truck,
not even a bottle can enter! Majmudar is not going
to relax security soon The swine’s dead set against us Indore Highway?
– Blocked Umbergaon?
– Closed Udaipur?
– No chance at all We’re in deep waters, Raees Hey, turn around.
– No, Sadiq We won’t drown We’ll swim across As shrewd as a merchant,
as fearless as a warrior! Get him out.
Climb up and check Miss Ratna was right The coastline of Gujarat
is indeed the longest Thanks for the help I had heard that Damla Seth rules the seas,
not the government I witnessed it today.
– I’ve heard lots about you, too It’ll be fun to work together God willing He shook hands with Damla If you want to save your business,
do something about Raees, Seth Tomorrow is Muharram He’ll surely go to mourn Majmudar is here!
I hope there’s no trouble Raees will handle it Move Do you know one Salim Shooter? Well, he was murdered yesterday Did you notice?
Or, were you mourning? Pass it on Kalupur goes That’s Taufiq Talli Put some powder And there you go! And there goes your cover… Sadiq Your game’s over You’ll go in on charges of murder Don’t worry about evidence.
I’ll dig it out anyway Arrest them.
– Sir Bhai, the police picked up Four-eyes
in a murder case Whose murder?
– Some Salim Shooter Is Raja with you? Yes, he is Sir You’ll have to release Raees Why? He’s confessing
that he killed Salim Shooter So? He’s surrendering.
Arrest him It’s in writing, Majmudar.
Arrest him Jai Hind! May I ask you something? How did you address your father? Aunt! Father. What else? Hey! What are you droning about father?
What is it? Fine Try this What if someone calls you father? Aasiya, who’s going to call me father? Hey! What are you doing? Raees, I’ll fall! No! Raees, I’ll fall! Things will fall, Raees! The phone’s ringing!
– Yes. Pick it up Here… pick it up The phone!
– Yes, pick it up Here Hello?
– Raees, Musa here Yes? Jairaj hired the assassin to kill you I give you JairajO LailaThey call me LailaLaila! That’s meI ameveryone’s dream dateThey call me LailaLaila! That’s meI ameveryone’s dream dateIf I clap my eyes upon someone,he is sure to be bewitchedHe is completely flooredThat’s me! LailaO LailaThese momentsare so enchantingMy eyesare playing games with meYou are hereI can’t believe my eyesMy heartdesires to feel youThey call me LailaLaila! That’s meI ameveryone’s dream dateO LailaThey call you LailaThat’s you! LailaYou areeveryone’s dream dateSir, this is the beginning
of organised crime If Raees isn’t stopped now,
he’ll burn the whole of Gujarat After this terrible incident under
your jurisdiction, are you teaching me? Now you give me in writing
why I shouldn’t be transferring you! You can transfer me anywhere I won’t spare Raees You can take that in writing! I’ve committed a crime, Aasiya!After I was transferred out of Fatehpura,Raees got an open field to play.
There was no stopping himRaids were out of questionBecause Raees would gift the police
a truckload of liquor every monthThis month’s stock Convey our regards to Raeesbhai.
– SureNo more bulldozersJust cameras flashingOfficers posed for the camerasand made the front pages of newspapers
with ‘seized’liquorThe press, the police, the government,
all were a satisfied lotRaees has sent shirts for you See if the colour suits you It’s perfect. ByeThere was one man
who could tilt the balanceGreetings, Pashabhai.
– The leader of the oppositionRaees wants to lend colour to your life He sends a colour TV for you.
– WowBut crafty as he was,
Raees won over everyone with cashand considerationRaees, you know the problem
with the mill It can shut down anytime We women must work to make ends meet Help us, Raees We want to buy sewing machines
and fend for ourselves But the banks aren’t giving us loans Can you make bags? Bags? That’s not a big deal All right then,
I will give you sewing machines Let me also place the order
for 10,000 bags right away What will you do with so many bags? Buy groceries for Aasiya? I’ll do what postman Hari does Home delivery God! So many phones! Have you changed your business?
Are you selling phones now? I’m not changing business.
These are for you Now don’t you complain
that I keep the phone busy! Liar! The day you do this for me,
pigs will fly! No, I’m serious, Missus From now on, Raees will be
at your service, round the clock All you have to do is call and order Sadiq…? He is flattering you He’s come up with a novel idea.
Home delivery of liquor Hey, Sadiq!
Why are you lying to her? It’s the truth.
– Truth, my foot! Wait till you get married!
You’ll know, wives are a terror No, thanks. It’s your problem.
– Don’t yell at him! Talk to me.
– He’s fooling around. I was talking to you Why did he have to butt in?
– Trying to flatter me, eh? You think you are a charmer?
– No. Sadiq… To heck with Sadiq!
– Sadiq, did you hear…? Look at me What did you say?
‘I did this for you, I did that for you’ You did nothing for me. Ass! Freaking Four-eyes! Scared you, didn’t I? A bitI pine for youDon’t torment me more, O cruel oneO cruel oneI’m drunk in your loveDon’t intoxicate me more, O cruel oneO cruel oneThose eyes, mesmerisingYour words, alluringI fall head over heels for youa hundred times overMy heartceased to be mine,ever sinceI fell in love with youYou are the one who beats in my heartDon’t stir the heartstrings more,
O cruel oneO cruel oneCome close to meLend fragrance to my breathPlease doWhy should I alone express my love?Why don’t you express it, too?Please doYou are going to kill me some day,Your defence indeed is deadlyYou are the beginningYou are the endThe story of my love is all about youYou are my leading lightUntil death do us part,
O my cruel loverO my cruel loverFaizan Faizan Jai Hind, sir! Sir, sweets from Surat.
It’s your favourite, isn’t it? What’s up, Ramlal?
You’re taking good care of me Do you want leave?
– No, sir It’s a boy, sir Congratulations!
What have you named him? Faizan For a Hindu father, you give your son
a Muslim name. Secularist, eh! Not I, sir.
Raees has become a father He has sent you an invite Make sure you reply to him.
– Sir He has become a father of a boy,
not the father of the nation Give it back It’s my favourite Remember those good old days?
We even stole Gandhiji’s spectacles! It was foolish, seriously.
– Your signal saved me that day, too Else, he’d have thrashed me You say it was foolish
but I did it out of Miss Ratna’s fear Fear? She was a terror! Don’t mention it to her now.
– We’re here to give her the invite She won’t hit you for that How did this happen? Debt took his life The mill shut down The owner even refused compensation He’s gone! ‘So what if five labourers die?’ ‘You will employ twenty-five more’ ‘to fill your coffers’ Bhimani Seth.
– What is it? The labourers toiled for you for years.
You must give them what is rightfully theirs.
– If you want rights, go to court Why have you come here? Get Deepak Debt-ridden workers
are killing themselves How will they pay for court cases? Did I tell them to die? Think it over Done I won’t pay the labourers You take something and back off Before the movie ends,
the workers should get their money Else, it’ll be the end of you Get that? Place it here Greetings, uncle.
– Bless you, dear This is for Faizan,
from all the mill workers Greetings.
– Greetings Greetings Isn’t it beautiful? It’s really very beautiful Why did you have to do this?
– It’s not a gift, son It’s our blessings to you You helped us get our money and saved our families This is the least we could do for Faizan Thank you! Jai Hind, sir Why are you moving the vehicle
from the crime scene? If the highway isn’t cleared,
there’ll be a traffic snarl, sir We have to clear it, sir Where was the truck headed to?
– Fatehpura, sir Empty truck? It was loaded with liquor, right? Whose stuff was it? Whose stuff? Damla Seth’s Stop pimping. Do your duty.
Get it? Get Damla.
– Sir Jai Hind, sir Sir, Damla Seth can’t come.
– Why not? He’s away in Fatehpura You may go.
– Sir “Those drunken eyes” “intoxicate me” The Chief Minister, at Raees’ party? Mr Chief Minister!
– Sir… sir… Raees!
– No politics today, please How are you, sir?
– I’m fine Give him a break! There’s ice-cream for everyone, guys.
– Okay, sir Raees, he is Mr Hasmukh.
He is into construction He executes all the government projects I wanted you to meet him You know Damla Seth Aasiya, this is the CM.
– Hello Let’s have a drink You drink like a fish here,
and in the parliament, you take to sloganeering
‘Ban liquor, save Gujarat’ Not in vain, sir I believe in political agenda.
– I can see your political agenda Elections are approaching.
Cut the opposition crap and join me Mr CM! The CM has bought a property
near Maninagar He has assigned me to construct
a building. – Great But the hitch is, it’s occupied Encroachers, you know.
And… he wants your company
to get the place vacated Can it be done? Surely, if it’s the CM’s wish I’ll take 30 percent Deal, Raees You are right, sir Damla is here with Raees The Chief Minister and Pashabhai
are also here You quit the city
but you haven’t forgotten Raees Can’t help it Raees and I share a strange relationship We can’t be together, yet he won’t let me go away Cops! Run!
It’s a raid! Stop Sit all of them up Get him Sit him up Bro! It’s the cops! Prohibition Act, section 66 and 67!
You are going in for ten years Haul them in.
– Seize all the liquor And seal the port.
– Sir! Raees’ lifeline and pipeline…
blow them out of the water! Transfer Majmudar
to some godforsaken place, sir! He is a constant pain in my neck He’s a police officer,
not a pawn I can play around with He arrested Damla Majmudar has started a fire in Kutch The flames could torch me and eventually reach you If it isn’t doused now, everything will be razed Sir? Type a transfer order Majmudar’s? Transfer him to the control room here.
He’ll rot along with the old files SirIt happened, as usualAn official order, enclosed!And I left, with bag and baggageIndia is always losing!By transferring me to the control room,
they thought I’d be like a snake,defanged and harmlessBut as they say,it turned the tables!Sir, we’ve got all the numbers
on Raees’ home delivery lists Tap them Do you do home delivery?
– Yes. How many bottles? New stock, sir.
– Two bottles, please Only ten bottles?
Order hundred, sir.Involuntarily, Raees pulled me
closer to himFrom this spot,
I could hear his very heartbeatFrom this point to that, 200 acres of land has been
transferred to you You have made a huge investment Your dream to make a housing colony,
‘Our World’ has finally come true Raeesbhai, this is the right time
to start the construction Right Start right away then Fine Bye, sir Convey my regards to the CM.
– Bye Did you hear about Pasha?
– I know He’s taking out a procession
to ban liquor The swine has gone crazy I’ll fix him. Call him Pasha here.
– Greetings, Pashabhai A procession to ban liquor? What’s this new farce?
– Oh, come on, Raeesbhai Elections are at hand Besides, the liquor agenda
is my ticket to victory This gimmick is inevitable.
– You know, Pasha, your procession will hamper my business Why don’t we find a way out? You find a way out,
I’ll take the procession out The procession will start from
the party office and go up to Gotri Okay Pasha here.
– At least, change the route Don’t lead it through my territory.
– Impossible The road to my vote bank
runs through your neighbourhood Do as you please.
The procession will pass through What now?
– Get this clear, Pasha If this procession takes off, it will be your final journey How about some tea? Did you send for me, sir?
– Yes, Popat Hot news Before it cools down,
break it to the press ‘Raees issues an open threat’ ‘If Pasha takes out a procession,
it will be his final journey’ You torched his castle,
and he has no idea what hit him! Do it and watch the fun Right, sir And the circus begins! ‘Raees’ open threat: If Pasha takes out
a procession, it will be his final journey’ Hello?
– Are you crazy to issue an open challenge in the media? I didn’t speak to the press.
Pasha has dug his own grave I told you not to make a fuss.
Just sell liquor. Leave politics to me Hang up! Shutters down! Keep your vehicles off the road! The procession is coming this way.
Please maintain peace! Are you ready?
– Yes, we are! Let’s see who is man enough
to stop this procession! Who is man enough? It’s the call of Gujarat!
– Victory to Pashabhai! It’s the call of Gujarat!
– Victory to Pashabhai! Close the shops! Deploy the barricades!
Keep people off! The procession is passing through
Raees’ neighbourhood Situation under control.
– Copy Down with the government! Down with the government! Let’s see who is man enough
to stop Pashabhai’s procession! Let’s see who is man enough! It’s the call of Gujarat!
– Victory to Pashabhai! It’s the call of Gujarat!
– Victory to Pashabhai! To war! Turn around! Go! Hack him! Start shelling!
Fire! I warned you not to pass through my neighbourhood It hampers my business Now you know who is man enough! Who’s the real man! Who’s the real man! Swine! Raees lived up to his challenge.
What action will you take now? Look, we…
– Swati Trivedi, Maha Gujarat Times Raees is your friend
while Pashabhai is your rival Did Raees act on your orders?
– Gujarat politics hasn’t stooped so low The police are doing their job.
– You don’t let the police do their job Are Majmudar’s frequent transfers
due to your proximity with Raees? Raees will be in jail
within the next 24 hours Is that a promise, Mr CM?
– Sir! Yes? Go on Why should I go to jail? Send Pasha to jail.
He created all the mess What about my business? I’ll give you
all the facilities in jail Do your business from jail.
Who stops you? Oh, really? I’ll have you released when you tell me It’s only a matter of a few days Is that a promise?
– I’m with you Don’t worry Greetings, bhai.
– Greetings Hello? Who is it?
– It’s me At this hour? Is all well? I’m missing you Liar Listen.
We made 22,000 in cash today That’s not what I called you for I told you,
I’m missing you Really? Really? Only 22,000?
Darn it! Freaking duffer! Business meant life to you And finally, they traded you Pasha and the Chief Minister
have joined hands. Take a look ‘Coalition politics
completely wipes out Raees’ I told you to get used to tea at the cop station Get ready to contest the elections Raees, politics is not meant for us.
I’m arranging bail for you The winds blow south, Sadiq To be free again,
I must win the elections Is it easy to win elections? We’ll need votes as well as cash You organise the cash I’ll garner the votes Raees has done a lot for the people We’ll surely win the electionsListen carefully!
He is RaeesHe’s a class apartLove him, and he’d even give up
his life for youAct smart,
and you’ll see the worst of himThat’s RaeesThat’s RaeesThat’s RaeesHe’s as fearless as a warrior
and as shrewd as a merchantAs cool as a cucumber
yet as fierce as fireRight or wrong,
business is his faithBusiness is his first loveThat’s RaeesThat’s RaeesHe is RaeesHe’s a class apartBail granted Raees registers an historical victory
in Fatehpura None of his rivals
could even save his depositThat’s RaeesThe name’s RaeesHe is RaeesHe’s a class apartI told you, you’d be the first
to see Our World when I make it I’ll show you today.
– Really? Look Over here In a straight line, on both sides, tall houses are standing Children are flying kites on the roof The sky is enveloped with kites And… over there… no, right behind you, there’s an English-medium school Children are speaking fluent English Good morning, Miss Ratna Here… a hospital in memory of my mother The Parsi doctor will be in-charge I’m sure he’ll still charge only 2 rupees Aasiya, the air will be rich
with everything here There will be no fear of starvation or the curse of poverty The mornings will be spent feasting while the nights in celebration Amen Amen It’s a fantastic scheme, Raees Right, friends?
– Of course But the amount is too big for all of us Qasim, who is asking
for the entire amount? You don’t need to pay
the entire amount now You have to pay only half the amount And the rest in ten years You can pay in monthly instalments
for the next ten years Is ten years too short a period? Don’t worry, don’t be apprehensive I guarantee you. This is
my neighbourhood, you are my people You own your house
from the very first day All of you will get the deeds
of agreement. I guarantee you that Your word is final.
Let’s do it ‘Our World’ ‘Our World’ Greetings Mr Majmudar!
It’s been so long Tell me. Are you here to meet me
or to conduct a raid? Well, rest assured.
Everything is legal about Our World Liquor pays for the construction.
What could be more legal? Luck favours you these days Days and nights are meant
for people, Mr Majmudar Lions rule for ages Try tea from Our World.
Come here, kid It might change your perception.
Cheers To me, you are still the same I have changed a bit, Mr Majmudar You can’t tap this politician’s phones now.
– No, no I don’t need to listen
to your phones anymore I’m here as the Superintendant
of Police, Crime Trust me, I had no hand in your transfer this time Honestly I know All your hands are tied That’s why
I came here to reason with you Make sure you don’t give me an opportunity Never.
I never gave you one Hang on, SP If you say, here, in Our World, I’ll book an apartment for you I’ll book a place for you in my world He won the elections yesterday,
and today he is building Our World Raees is going to become a messiah!
– Sir, you have an urgent call from Delhi Yes? What? Turn on the TV.
– Sure Yes, sir? In Uttar Pradesh,
rioters targeted a train carrying passengers returning from Hajj Several people are being reported killed The incident has provoked communal riots
in many parts of the country Police have imposed indefinite curfew
in several districts I don’t want riots in my city.
You will handle Zone 1, Shambu Zone 2 is the most sensitive Majmudar, you will take charge there.
– Sir Ten days of curfew has brought
the entire State to a standstill People have little access
to food, water, milk or medicines Give this to aunt Laxmi.
– Sure Listen.
This is for Dulari’s baby Deliver the bottle of milk to her
right away Distribute the meals in police vans Raees sends food for all of you.
– Raees! God bless you! The children have been starving.
– Easy Why don’t you answer the calls?
– Creditors are calling up The construction guys
and the grocers Why aren’t the bottles delivered yet? Can’t help it.
No orders due to curfew Don’t mind this. But you must either stop
the construction work for some time or the free meals.
– No way I can’t do that.
– Sign here Stop free meals to the Hindu colony.
It’ll ease the burden Hey! Did you ever consider religion
while doing business? None should starve to death.
Neither Hindu nor Muslim They are our people Neither the free meals will stop
nor the construction of Our World I’ll organise the money Stop the meals, my foot! Mr CM, I agree
you have the riots under control You must control Raees now His Our World
is becoming everyone’s world It will be no one’s! Those who are buying Raees’ dream
will soon grab his throat I’ll make a pauper out of that king
in a trice! I’m putting that site in the green zone How much money do we have?
– About 200,000 That’s all? Have you swallowed the rest? What are you saying, Raees?
– Don’t interfere! I’m talking business here He should have the accounts.
Tell me What?
– Give me the accounts You want accounts? Accounts of what?
The money spent on the elections? Or, the money spent on acres of land
for Our World? Since the last three weeks, we’ve been
distributing free meals to four colonies It doesn’t come for free! I swallowed it?
He’s asking me the accounts! Don’t you yell at me! Are you doing me a favour
by giving me the details? I’ve been noticing.
You get worked up over every little thing What is wrong with you? He isn’t annoyed over the money
but over the CM The CM put our land in the green zone So what? The deeds are in our names, right?
– He changed the law No construction can be done there.
Only farming What happens to Our World? People’s houses, money…? The money’s gone! Everything has fallen apart, Aasiya How can it fall apart just like that? There must be a way Think.
Talk to the CM He might understand…
– Cut the crap! No need to use your brains I don’t need anyone’s advice! Go on, get back to work Go! What good is yelling?
Will it get our money back? Or, will it help build the colony? To heck with the colony!
– Hey! Raees! Stop it, Raees!
– Shut her up! Move, Sadiq Raees Tell everyone the truth Or, assure them
that everything will be fine It will be For God’s sake… For God’s sake, leave me alone! That’s it! AasiyaAt the crossroadsof life and death,I find myself today!O Destiny, I thought you were a friendAnd I walked on,in your footsteps,latching on to you,holding you dear!Yet, you compelled meto do things
I’d never have done otherwise!We could never understandeach otherI’m tired, Aasiya! Greetings, Raeesbhai.
– Greetings Bhai, Four-eyes is here He’s up to his neck in debt I know Nawab, what about our Doha delivery? The cops are very active, bhai Haji, Ejaz, Haribhai,
everyone has refused Let Raees in Send him in.
– Go on Greetings, bhai.
– Tell me Can I help you? I need a small loan, bhai In fact, you need a huge amount Trust me, bhai I’ll repay it,
with double the interest I can’t give you a loan But I can put you on to something… What about the Doha assignment? Bhai, it’s final.
Ejaz is delivering it Stop him The boys are already en route… Don’t worry, I’ll handle him.
Put Raees on it Bhai, listen to me… Let Raees do the job Gold is arriving from Doha,
to be delivered in Mumbai I’ll do it The riots are over
but the curfew is still forced How can we deliver it?
– Sadiq, if we can avoid curfew and reach Mumbai,
so can the gold. We can do it Think over it.
If you can do it, fine Ejaz is on it anyway.
– No, we’ll do it Sure?
– Sure Give him the money Thank you, bhai Sir! What’s this?
– I hope it’s not drugs No.
– Nope It’s only the packaging You have all the gold there Is the gold there?
– Yes Let it pass then Bhairu! Inform Raees that his truck has left.
– Okay, sir Will it be tea or booze? Booze… in a teacup! No one’s losing his money
on Our World, Sadiq We’ll repay everyone God willing! Today, in a series of explosions,
five blasts rocked three metropolitan cities
of North India People were hauling the injured
to the hospital in cars and scooters That’s when we realised
the intensity of the blasts We can identify the body
only if it is intact, not if it is blown to pieces A wave of fright and anger
has swept the entire country No organisation has taken responsibility
for the blasts yet The explosions are linked to Gujarat The explosive used was smuggled in
through the waters of Gujarat I have no idea, sir.
I’m just a driver! All I do is deliver the goods Where did you pick up the stuff from? From Porbandar, sir I know nothing, sir! Whose stuff was it? Damla Seth and Nawab smuggled it in On whose orders? Raees’ Hello?
– It’s a terrible mess-up, Raees The packaging materials
with Musa’s gold weren’t plastic They were RDX bombs! Bombs? How can they be bombs? If they were bombs,
couldn’t the officer detect them? RDX is a new type of bomb They were used for these explosions The swine Musa betrayed us! Raees, this time the cops won’t arrest us,
they will shoot us down! Get out of there.
See you when I see you Good God! God! I had no idea what I was doing! Raees In trying to save my people, I’ve burned down the entire city, Aasiya! Good God! I’ve burned down the city! Run! Run! There are no eyewitnesses to place Raees
on the port, sir Damla shot himself,
while Nawab is absconding We can never prove it in court.
– Let the court do its job, Majmudar You go and arrest him He’s a master at destroying evidence.
Last time he was jailed, he came out a politician.
God knows what he’ll try this time Even I want Raees, sir To maintain peace,
war is a must this time, sir I can’t give what you seek
in writing, Majmudar Let’s go Who wants it in writing anyway? The cops will be here any moment.
Run, Raees! I won’t run I’m not a coward, Sadiq!
I’m not! You are innocent.
And to prove that, you should live If you don’t escape, they will… kill you! Sadiq is right Get out of here, please!
– No! If I escape, the cops
will make life miserable for you Reason with her, Sadiq Take Faizan and Aasiya to Sanjanwala’s Now. Right now! You know that
it’s the only safest place for them And you?
– You know that, Sadiq I’m not going anywhere without you.
– Don’t argue with me! Period! Aasiya, trust me I’ll fix everything But right now,
this is the right thing to do But… I won’t run I don’t know, sir! You can break our bodies
but not our resolve! Pick up the swine’s family!
– We are innocent! Please let us go!
– Find each one of them! Where’s Raees? Thrash all of them
till you find Raees! He’s a brother to me! I’ll charge all of you under
the Terrorist Act! – Raees… was our only support during our bad times! Raees is here Send him in.
And listen Take his gun Okay What news?
– Raees has gone underground But Sadiq is at Sanjanwala’s.
– Find Raees. Yes, Devji? We found Nawab Make preparations.
– Sir Now!
– Listen up! You betrayed me, Musa You made me smuggle in bombs
in the name of gold You have done a noble deed.
You will be blessed with heaven Killing innocents
doesn’t lead one to heaven, Musa Raees, listen to me I’m going to Doha Come with me.
We’ll be safe out there I’m going nowhere I’m not letting anyone go either.
– Kill Four-eyes! Raees! Innocents were killed, Musa My principles were laid to waste
in no time I’m a businessman But I don’t trade in religion One last thing Never call me Four-eyes! Hello?
– Doctor, let me speak to Sadiq It’s Raees Sadiq here.
– I’ve set everything right, Sadiq Are you all right? We are fine Are the cops there? No… Bhaijaan! Okay I’m coming Come, Bhaijaan Who called?
It was Raees, right? Why did you call him here, Sadiq? What are you going to do with Raees? I just want to chat with him.
Take her away He is a businessman, sir.
He never betrayed anyone Do not be unfair to him, Mr Majmudar! Devji…
– Sir? Shoot him at sight.
– Sir! One bad decision has brought upon
a great calamity! But I won’t let anyone come to harm They are innocent I alone am at fault Pray that we meet soon I’m coming, Ammi Sir, a van is headed
towards the doctor’s house How many people are in the van?
– No idea Is Raees inside?
– It’s hard to see Target all the doors of the van.
Shoot on suspicion It could be Raees’ ploy The van stopped at the gate Brace up for every situation.
Anything can happen He is getting off, sir.
– Shoot! I’ll answer my superiors.
Shoot! Raees is not alone, sir!
– He’s brought the press along! What?
– Yes, sir. A van full of reporters Shall I shoot, sir?
– Hold your fire! I repeat, hold your fire.
No one shoots! Guns down! Back off! Fall back! Fall back, will you? Hold them back Move it! Bhaijaan, eh! Hold them back Enough of the adoration!
Let’s go Take care.
– Take him away When you knew
how this was going to end for you, why did you return? Would you have spared my people
if I didn’t? I had to return to save my flesh and blood But what you are about to do,
Mr Majmudar…! Well? What happened? You don’t trust the system anymore? Or, yourself? Both, perhaps Can you live with my blood
on your hands, Mr Majmudar? Give these to my wife
and tell her the truth I promised her that I won’t run I feel this is the perfect distance
to shoot, Mr Majmudar What say? Turn around, Raees Not in the back Shoot me in the front, sir I can.
You know that Shoot Is it true that no business is small? And no faith greater than business? It’s true As long as it doesn’t harm anyone Bhaijaan! What if someone calls you father? The mornings will be spent feasting
while the nights in celebration Amen In trying to save my people, I’ve burned down the entire city!I’m not sure if I was right or wrong thenBut Raees’ words
ring in my ears even todayCan you live with my blood
on your hands, Mr Majmudar?