Formula E news: Wehrlein reveals Mercedes frustration ahead of debut at Marrakesh ePrix Former F1 driver Wehrlein will take part in his first Formula E race when the second round of the all-electric series gets underway in Marrakesh on Saturday. Wehrlein will drive for Mahindra during the 2018/19 campaign, having previously raced for Manor and Sauber as well as enjoying a successful spell in DTM. However, the German’s debut in Formula E was delayed with Wehrlein unable to take part in the Saudi ePrix last month due to his affiliation with the Mercedes F1 junior programme. When asked if Wehrlein was happy to be getting used to his new car on a more traditional racetrack as opposed to the Ad Diriyah street circuit, the 24-year-old said: “No I’m not. “I would have preferred to drive the first race. If you miss the first race, it’s not great. “You are competing in a series and you want to compete in all the races. “Unfortunately that was not possible but now it’s 2019 and there are a few races to go!” Former Mahindra driver Felix Rosenqvist stepped in for the opening race of the season but did not finish while . With Wehrlein’s association with Mercedes now ended, the 2015 DTM champion is ready to get to work in the. The Mahindra ace will be playing catch-up to the rest of the field but is undaunted by the challenge having switched championships regularly during his career. “It’s really different [compared to F1] that there is no sound,” said Wehrlein. “There are so many things in race mode that you need to consider, but in qualifying – one lap and fully pushing – it is quite similar. “The car feels like a normal single seater to drive, but it’s just a bit specific because of the tyres and the downforce level. “It feels really nice to drive and that is what’s impressed me from my first outing with it. “I can and will adapt quickly. I changed series the last three or four years, nearly every year driving a different car and having to adapt again, and I am used to that. “That’s not hard for me.”. Wehrlein will come up against several rivals from his past including ex-F1 drivers Stoffel Vandoorne and Felipe Massa, who. Reigning DTM champion Gary Paffett, who raced in the German series when Wehrlein won the title, has also made the switch to Formula E. “Formula E has a very strong driver line up and it’s challenging,” said Wehrlein. “It’s exciting to drive against that high level, and it will be hard to be competitive, but that’s the challenge – and it’s an exiting challenge. “My main priority is to learn as much as possible about Formula E, as fast as possible. “I can also learn a lot from Jerome [D’Ambrosio]. He has a lot of experience in Formula E and so far we have worked really well together. “Working with the team has also gone very smoothly so far, so there are many things to look forward to.” NEXT NEWS:Red Bull’s Pierre Gasly joins Team France for Race of Champions. Red Bull Formula 1 driver Pierre Gasly will join Team France for the upcoming 2019 edition of the Race of Champions. Gasly will join Loic Duval for the event, which pits drivers against one another in equal machinery across two days of events. The 2019 RoC will be held at Mexico’s Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez within the iconic stadium section, where a temporary circuit will be constructed. This year’s event will take place on January 19-20 and already boasts star drivers such as Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel, former F1 driver David Coulthard, IndyCar drivers Helio Castroneves, Ryan Hunter-Reay and Josef Newgarden plus Formula E’s Lucas di Grassi and Mick Schumacher, son of seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher. Gasly and Duval will form Team France for Saturday’s Nations Cup team event and will race for himself on Sunday to be crowned the Champion of Champions, a title currently held by Coulthard. “It’s a big honour to be taking part in the Race Of Champions for the first time,” said the Red Bull driver. “I’ve known about the event for many years, and I’m excited to see how it works first-hand at last. “I know France has a rich tradition of driving success at the event so I’m looking forward to aiming for another strong performance in partnership with Loic in the ROC Nations Cup. “Most of all I’m looking forward to hearing the noise of the Mexican crowds. I know the Foro Sol well from Formula 1, it’s a spectacular venue and we will all put on a great show for the fans.” 2013 Le Mans 24 Hour winner Duval will also make his RoC debut next weekend, adding: “I’ve watched the Race Of Champions for years, and I’ve always been hoping I’d get a chance to have a go for myself. Now it’s happening for real, I can’t wait to take on all these great drivers from motorsport series all over the world – not least in the ROC Nations Cup for Team France alongside Pierre. “The event looks like an amazing experience and I’m sure the atmosphere at the Foro Sol will be special. Roll on next weekend…” NEXT NEWS:OFFSEASON: VERSTAPPEN PRACTICES CRASHING INTO OTHERS FOR 2019. In the video below, Max Verstappen makes contact with another car in an iRacing practice session, and lets the other driver know he isn’t pleased. Max Verstappen is well known for practicing his craft at home using the online simulation tool iRacing, and during this event he takes revenge on another competitor by crashing into them. It has been commented by some that perhaps the Dutch driver with a reputation for anger management issues is already practicing his frustration venting techniques out for a no doubt disappointing 2019 season with Honda power. The driver in question was traveling quite slowly heading toward Dingle Dell on the virtual version of Brands Hatch GP circuit during an F3 event. Max spins as a result of having caught up rapidly at the right-hander of Sheene curve, waits for the driver to repass and then aims his car, ramming them both off the track just past Sterlings. E-sports has become quite a serious business, and some might think that this is a none event, but in the past other pro-drivers have had their accounts suspended for similar actions. The rules are very clear that users must not take out others, no matter the reason. Former F1 driver Scott Speed was the last pro-driver to be banned from iRacing, having exacted revenge in a very similar manner in February 2018. It’s unclear as yet if Max will receive the same action. iRacing is one of the more complex simulation quality racing video games on console or PC. Gaming rigs can cost thousands in an effort to realistically simulate real racing. For instance, Scott Speed’s three-monitor rig with a high-performance driving wheel,was for sale at $7,500 recently as a 2nd hand item. NEXT NEWS:Vettel will struggle to beat Leclerc says Rosberg.Charles Leclerc’s arrival at Ferrari will be one of the most fascinating aspects of the 2019 season. That is the view of 2016 world champion Nico Rosberg, referring to the fact that Sebastian Vettel will be joined at Ferrari next year by the 21-year-old youngster. Many think that with his friend Kimi Raikkonen leaving, Vettel will be hard pressed to fend off Leclerc’s challenge in 2019. “I’ll switch on the TV just to see the fight between the two Ferrari guys,” German Rosberg told Italy’s Autosprint. “Leclerc is so strong. And Vettel is coming out of a difficult year. He will have to remain very focused and give his all if he wants to remain the Ferrari leader. “Leclerc is not Raikkonen,” Rosberg added. “It puts a lot of pressure on him.” In fact, Rosberg thinks Vettel-Leclerc reminds him of the explosive Alonso-Hamilton combination of 2007 at McLaren. “In some ways it’s like the revival of that but with some differences. Vettel is not as difficult as Alonso while Leclerc is not a warrior like Lewis,” he said. But Rosberg thinks the biggest problem for Vettel could be his inability to change his approach in order to fend off the Leclerc challenge. “If you have too much confidence in your abilities, as he does sometimes, you’re not ready to change that attitude,” he said. “That’s what I suspect of him. That he is not capable of modifying his approach.” .